Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Wheat-Free Almond Butter Cookies

Another Christmas gift was the Good Housekeeping cookbook Christmas Cookies!.

As I paged through it, a recipe for Wheat-Free Almond Butter Cookies caught my eye. With a couple tweaks to the recipe, I discovered I had everything on hand to make these.

So the little ones and I whipped up a batch!

I don't see why peanut butter wouldn't work in these as well; I've seen many recipes for flourless peanut butter cookies.

Anyways, these were quite tasty and quick and easy to make. They are pretty fragile and tend to crumble. I noticed that the smaller cookies stayed together nicer and baking them a bit longer helped too.

Wheat-Free Almond Butter Cookies
Makes 2-3 dozen cookies.

1 egg
1 cup smooth almond butter
1 cup packed brown sugar or any raw sugar -- I used turbinado sugar.
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheets.

Using mixer, blend all 6 ingredients together until thoroughly combined. Shape dough into small balls and place 1 1/2 inches apart on cookie sheet.

Bake until slightly golden, 11-12 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet for 1 minute before transferring to baking rack to cool.

Enjoy!

No comments: