Thursday, February 07, 2013

"Long Winter's Bath" Soothing Bath Salts

As I mentioned earlier this week, we've had colds, congestion and other sickies going around our home. Nothing serious and certainly not those terrible stomach viruses I've heard are going around, but enough to make us feel nasty.

For some reason, we've had a more difficult time keeping colds and such at bay this winter--this is the 3rd cold I've had since December!

I'm upping our supplements, making sure we are eating healthfully with minimal sugar consumption and replenishing our natural medicine cabinet which will include a large order to Beeyoutiful this week--love their products!

While I was cooking a batch of homemade elderberry syrup, I also mixed up a small jar of cayenne garlic honey mixture and a batch of these bath salts.

The recipe for the bath salts comes from an old Beeyoutiful catalog. It's very soothing and comforting and helpful for colds, congestion and if you're just not feeling well.

"Long Winter's Bath" Soothing Bath Salts

  • 2 cups Epsom salts
  • 1/4 cup sea salt
  • 2 Tablespoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon olive or sweet almond oil
  • 5-10 drops each of peppermint, eucalyptus and lavender essential oils
Mix everything together in a large bowl, breaking up any clumps. if you are wearing gloves, use your hands to rub the oils through the mixture. Store in glass jars.

Use 1/2 to 1 cup per bath.

I wanted to make some cute labels/tags for my jars so I used this idea to make some sewn tags!

I traced my lids onto brown paper--I recycled a paper bag and used a ruler to make some lines.

I then sewed over the lines with red thread, cut out some little hearts from scraps of felt and sewed them on too.

The last step was to cut out the circles, write on them and put them in the lids! Super cute and makes me smile.


3 comments:

Monica Wilkinson said...

Mmmm - yes, love beeyoutiful! Could not live without Tummy Tune-Up! Recently have been trying Berry Well with hmmm, no results? Not sure - will try again to figure that out!

Love the canning jar lids - I have a stack of those ready to go with Valentine Chex Mix to greet each member of my family at their place setting on V-Day! :)

Wendi said...

Those jar lids are adorable!

I am going to check out the beeyoutiful site. We are looking to make some some changes around here.

Have a great day!

~katie~ said...

Adorable jars!!!

I haven't heard of Beeyoutiful before ~ thanks for linking to it. I do remember, however, when I was a young girl my parents buying bee pollen or something and a company selling bee stuff. Have to ask my parents what that was all about!

Getting excited for Valentine's Day! :-)