Monday, January 14, 2013

Pinned It, Made It: Fabric Scrap Letter

 I pinned this fabric collage letter  from this site a long time ago. While it would make a great kid's art project, I was immediately inspired to do something similar with a chipboard letter 'C' I had on hand.

I've had this 'C' for a LONG time--maybe 4 years? It's one of those inexpensive letters from Hobby Lobby.

Anyways, I was in the mood for some crafting the other night, so I pulled out the letter, my overflowing scrap bags--seriously, they're so full I can't get them shut!- Mod Podge, and scissors and got to work.

This was a quick and relaxing project! I trimmed all the edges the next morning after it was dry. Added some buttons, stapled on a  ribbon hanger and it was ready to hang on the door.

I love the red and aqua color combo right now so that's what I used for this project! I hardly made a dent in my scrap collection so stay tuned for more Scrap Busting projects coming up!

**Thanks to Tammy for hosting Pinned It, Made It Mondays!
 

4 comments:

Abbie Byers said...

That is sooo cute! I am inspired to make one!

Mary Ann said...

Thanks Abbie!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

I love it, Mary Ann! It's darling! I love those colors together. :)

Thanks for participating in Pinned it, Made it Monday!

Blessings,
Tammy

Karen said...

That is really cute!!