Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Four Weeks To Fill The Freezer: Ground Beef

I got several pounds of ground beef at Trader Joe's last weekend so today's freezer cooking was all about the beef!

I made one pound into hamburger patties to freeze and put the rest into the crockpot to cook. I cooked it on low for about 3 hours, stirring and crumbling it every so often, draining it well when it was cooked.

Of the 3 pounds beef I cooked:
  • 1/2 pound was used for tonight's supper.
  • 1/2 pound was put into a container to freeze to use for a quick dinner later.
  • 2 pounds were made into Sloppy Joes and divided into 2 meal-sized portions to freeze.
So four more meals in the freezer!

**Visit Money Saving Mom for more freezer cooking ideas! 



1 comment:

Wendi said...

I never thought about browning the beef in a crockpot. Great idea!