Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Firsts

I realized a few weeks ago that Baby Boy(1) hasn't experienced many of the activities I usually try to do with the babies. Granted, he doesn't seem to be any worse for wear and certainly hasn't lacked for attention and interaction! But he's typically down for a nap when I do special activities with Toddler Girl(2).

So I was grateful for opportunities in the past few weeks to spend a little more one on one time with Baby Boy and introduce a few new experiences to him!

First play dough
Reaction: Loved!

First drawing with markers.
Reaction: Liked very much. 

Note: I like using paper towel for early marker drawings. It's absorbent and is perfect for the dots that are usually a toddler's first drawings. While you certainly want to use supervision with any small child and markers, markers are much easier for a small child to use than crayons since crayons require a lot more effort and pressure to make noticeable marks on the paper. So I usually start with markers first for very young toddlers and then change it up with crayons as they get a bit older.  Washable markers are our friends!

First water play.
Reaction: Not totally into this which surprised me since he loves washing his hands! But it was a new experience and one that I think will be more enjoyed as he gets older. I got out a colander towards the end which he really seemed to like using!

No comments: