Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Insight From Scripture: 1 Peter 5

1 Peter 5:

What jumps out?
The last part of verse 2: "--not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not greedy for money, but eager to serve;"

Why?
While this section is for elders, this verse speaks to me. Don't do things just because you have to! Do it because you want to!

Application:
God wants me to have a willing heart to serve others without thought of what's in it for me. No room for selfishness here!

Area of development:
Building a love relationship with Jesus Christ.

Today's Prayer:
Cultivate in my heart a willingness to serve others as You desire me to do. Amen.

**Care to join me this week? Read 1 Peter 5 and share your insights in the comments! If you'd like to post your insights on your blog, just leave a link to that post in the comments of this one.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Wonderful Scripture to share.....not alway easy to follow.

Blessings,
Denise