Wednesday, January 05, 2011

A Fresh Coat Of Paint

One of my projects for Christmas break was to paint our dining area. The bottom half was wood paneling and the top was painted a shade of cream with peaks of a bright yellow that apparently had been put there in the past.

Before:


We had plenty of paint leftover from our painting extravaganza last June and I certainly was not going to buy any more paint! I chose the pale gray we put in our living room and hallway for the bottom and painted the top a plain white.

After:
That's my trusty coupon binder there on the table!

 So much brighter! Now to get something for the walls...

I really like very light colored walls, especially in this style of house. It seems to enlarge the space a bit. I also decorate with brighter colors so the very neutral walls work well!

A fresh coat of paint works wonders!

No comments: