Friday, January 14, 2011

Cardboard Box Puzzles

Because schools were closed for a few days this week due to snow, I also had the 5 year old brother of the little girl that I care for here on those days.

By the second day, I was starting to look around the house trying to think of some new-to-him activities that didn't require my getting the box of kid's things out of storage.

I remember making simple puzzles from food boxes during my early childhood college and teacher days. I grabbed the only box that was in the recycling bin and started cutting away!



He really enjoyed these although I would definitely cut smaller pieces next time to make it more challenging.

But that's the beauty of this project- it can be made to fit the developmental needs of the child. I would cut 2 or 3 pieces for a young toddler and more for older kids.

And unless you are buying boxes of food solely  for the purpose of making puzzles out of them, this little activity is entirely free and can be recycled again when you're done.

**Store each puzzle in a Ziploc bag!

No comments: