Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Is Coming: Simple Handmade Kid's Gift


I needed a simple gift that the baby girl I care for could help make for her Mommy and Daddy for Christmas.

She's 7 months old so my options were a bit limited, especially since I wanted something that was distinctly from her and not just a cute craft that I made. I couldn't exactly ask her to draw a picture for her Mom, you know.

Hand prints are a hit with every parent so we did a simple hand print using red paint. It took a few tries and thankfully, I'd removed her lovely white outfit before we started because paint was everywhere. Something tells me this little lady is going to love art projects in the not-so-distant future!

I used the front of a recycled photo frame card as the frame. We receive several of these every year and I always knew I'd be able to use them for something! I punched two holes in the top of the card and tied a little ribbon for hanging.

A simple, inexpensive and sweet little gift from a sweet little girl!

No comments: