Monday, October 25, 2010

How To Make A Simple Fruit Syrup- Vlog



Finally, as promised- the "How To Make Fruit Syrup" vlog we made last week. I've been wanting to try a cooking video and this seemed like a good recipe to try it out on!

Since we shot this video right in the middle of a freezer cooking session, this is real life, folks! No fixing up the kitchen to make it "video friendly." I did do a quick brushing of the hair and a quick check to be sure I didn't have boogers in my nose, though.

Enjoy the vlog!

For easy reference, here is the recipe for the fruit syrup:


Combine and bring to boil:
1 cup water
1 cup fruit (fresh or frozen)
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice


In separate bowl, mix 2 tablespoons cornstarch and 1/2 cup water. Stir into boiling liquid.

Lower heat and stir frequently, until mixture is thickened. When right consistency, add another cup of fruit.


Serve over pancakes or waffles.


**This recipe freezes well.

1 comment:

Tea said...

I loved this Mary Ann! I love watching vlogs, and I saw the link to this one below your most recent post and had to click over. I think you should do lots of vlogs, you're so natural in front of the camera! I freeze up and seem too serious. I love your personality! And the sauce sounds like it would be great! :)