Monday, September 13, 2010

Learning From Him

In the past few days, God has been showing me just how "out of whack" my life has become. And He wants to restore order and balance!

I'll be taking some time to step back, reevaluate and learn from God the Father as He teaches me and draws me back into a balanced relationship with Him.

I don't know how long this will be and whether or not it will be a complete blogging break. I may check in now and then and I may not. Regardless, I sense the need for a season of quietness and resting in Him.

The words of Jesus in Matthew 11:28-30 (The Message) call out to me:

"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly." 

Blessings to all of you! I look forward to being back soon and sharing what God is teaching me.

1 comment:

~katie~ said...

I can relate to this Mary Ann! With all of the additional tasks that have been added to my day lately with moving, blogging and email are just going to have to wait! I feel so many of my days are out of balance too...and He needs to come first in all things! Trying to restore some order in our lives as well. Breaks are good! :-) Will look forward to any future post...

Blessings to you friend,
Katie