Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Mini- Freezer Cooking Day- Part 2

I'm at a good stopping point so here's an update.

I've baked bread, French bread and ham and cheese bread. Chicken has been baked, deboned and chopped. The chicken skins and bones were thrown immediately into the crockpot and are now simmering into chicken broth.

The kitchen has been cleaned up and dishes and pans washed so I can continue. Lunch (leftovers)  has been eaten.

To make ham and cheese bread, roll out French bread dough and layer ham and cheese on the dough before rolling it into a loaf. I made two ham and cheese breads from one batch of dough.
Roll up and slash the tops with a sharp knife. Bake according to recipe.

These are good eaten hot out of the oven, of course, but are also really nice to have in the freezer for a quick meal later on.

When ready to use, I wrap the frozen loaf in foil and heat in the oven until thawed and heated through. Cut in slices and serve!


Up next: 

Make pita bread
Make carrot cake

When I'm finished, I'll update with a final list and pictures of the finished products.

No comments: