Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Homekeeper's Journal


Here’s What’s happening …..


In My Kitchen ….baked some cookies, froze a batch of meatballs. Making plans for a small-scale freezer cooking day next week.

What I’m Reading …the second half of the book of Mark. I really need to get to the library for other books! Any suggestions for books to read? Christian fiction is good as is anything on healthy, natural and frugal living. As far as fiction goes, I prefer the lighter reading, not anything too heavy or scary.:-)

What I Have Been Learning …keeping up with "trouble spots" in my home by doing  a little bit of cleaning in that area every couple of days really does work! I now have an open space to fold laundry or set baked items to cool. Yeah!

What I’ve Been Noticing ….little signs of spring. Saw my first daffodil of the year this week. Lots of robins flocking about.

On The Back Burner of My Mind ….planning my garden. I finally ordered my seeds this week. This will be a learning experience for sure!

In The Deepest Darkest Recesses ….lots of emotions, thoughts and feelings swirling around. Can't put it all into words!

**Thanks to Sylvia for hosting the Homekeeper's Journal!





2 comments:

gail said...

hey friend,
does your library have a search engine? that's how i find alot of great books. just plug in the subject and then go thru them most recent onward. i don't read alot of christian fiction so can't give you any ideas there, tho my mom and sis both enjoy jan karon??? not sure if that is the right spelling.

Mary Ann said...

Gail,
It does. I've used it a lot in the past. I just have to get off my heiny and get to the library which is all of 4-5 blocks from here. LOL! I have found some great series that way. Have to try it again. I tried doing some searching on my libraries website the other day, which I used to do all the time, but they've changed the site and I didn't have any success.

Jan Karon is the author of the Mitford series, which I've read. Good reading!

Thanks for your help!