Sunday, January 03, 2010

Menu Plan Monday-Starting The Pantry Challenge

Happy New Year!

It's another week, another menu and the first week of the Eat From The Pantry Challenge! I'm excited and ready to begin. I've taken inventory of all the food that's in the house and made a simple plan for my grocery goals this month.

My menu plan this week only includes suppers. I'll be planning breakfasts and lunches a day or two at a time to make the best use of my resources, leftovers, etc. At the end of the week, I'll post a recap of the week with what we ate 3 meals a day  along with my notes, recipes,changes to my weekly menu and any crazy concoctions I've come up with to serve my husband and I. It should be interesting! Especially after the first 2 or 3 weeks. :-)

I'm using a couple meals from last week's menu that we just didn't get to. We picked up some wings on New Year's Eve and then on Saturday, I realized that we had plenty of leftovers to feed us for both lunch and supper.

Items marked with ** indicates freezer meal.

Sunday- Chicken Chimichangas** with salsa and sour cream, leftover rice with salsa and cheese

Monday-Church Meeting. As far as I know I'm not contributing to the meal this week.

Tuesday-Baked Fish Chowder (new recipe), homemade bread, carrot sticks

Wednesday- Breaded Pork Chops(using leftover stuffed mushroom filling for breading), baked sweet potatoes, steamed broccoli

Thursday- Kidney beans** and rice, steamed carrots

Friday- Ham bundles, tomato soup

Saturday- Homemade pizza with premade crust**

For more menu planning inspiration, head on over to Organizing Junkie, the home of Menu Plan Mondays!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the ham bundles suggestion. I am baking a ham from my freezer this week and will be sure to save some leftover to make these. I hope you can find some time to join with me for Crock Pot Wednesday. The meme will be available Tuesday evening.