Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Survey

1.) Have you started your Christmas shopping?

Yes and it is all finished except for a few stocking stuffers.

2.) Tell me about one of your special traditions.

Andy and I bake our Christmas goodies together every year. Even though this takes place in November, another special tradition is packing our Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes.


3.) When do you put up your Tree?
Usually somewhere in the first or second week of December.


4.) Are you a Black Friday shopper?

Not usually. I sometimes go with my sister or sister-in-law since they love it. I wouldn't go by myself though.
5.) Do you Travel at Christmas or Stay home?

Both. This year we're staying home and my whole family will be here visiting. Since neither of our families lives nearby, we often travel for the holidays.

6.) What is your funniest Christmas memory?

Not sure if this is the funniest, but most certainly one of the most memorable! The Christmas that I was eight years old, our family went out to eat at an all-you-can-eat buffet restaurant. This was a great treat to us since we rarely ate out in those days. I was not feeling well that day but seemed to be well enough to go eat. By the time we were done eating, I was not feeling well at  all. The restaurant was very crowded and as we walked out, I threw up right between tables where people were eating their Christmas dinners! Mom took me to the restroom to clean me up where I threw up again. A very nice lady followed us to help out; she was so kind and very concerned for me. It was quite embarrassing and I remember very clearly now that one lady said, "Oh gross!' as I was throwing up near her table! Well, no wonder!!! What I remember the most though is that I cried and cried on the way home and Mom and my sister tried to console me that it was ok. But what I was most upset about was that I was wearing a brand-new coat I had gotten for Christmas-my first brand-new coat ever- and I was afraid the vomit stains wouldn't come out! As soon as we got home, Mom washed my coat for me so I could see that it would look as good as new! And it did. Apparently I was quite proud of that new coat!!!

7.) What is your favorite Christmas Movie of All time?

All three Santa Clause movies, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.

8.) Do you do your own Christmas Baking? What’s your favorite treat?

Yes. Our very favorites are Chocolate-Peanut Squares, Chocolate-Dipped Pretzels and Chocolate-Mint Cookies. Recipes and directions for all can be found here.

9.) Fake or Real Tree?

Real. We cut our own at a local tree farm.

10.) What day (as a Mom) does the actual panic set in to get it all done?

Don't know. Not a Mom. :-)
11.) Are you still wrapping presents on Christmas Eve?

Not usually. We're not often home on Christmas Eve!

12.) What is your favorite family fun time at Christmas?

Holiday baking, driving to see the Christmas lights, picking out gifts for all the nieces and nephews.

13.) What Christmas craft do you like the best?

I don't really do a lot of Christmas crafts, per se. I do enjoy making many of my own gifts most years. I didn't make many this year, thus the reason for being done with my Christmas list so early!!!

14.) Christmas music? Yes or No. And if yes, What is your favorite song?
Yes, yes, yes. We love Christmas music. I don't really have one favorite. Two favorite albums are Veggie Tales Singing Christmas Tree and Denver and The Mile High Orchestra's Timeless Christmas. I do love Michael W. Smith's song Welcome To Our World and also Jingle Bell Rock  for some odd reason- maybe because Cherished Dog's name is Rock and it just cracks me up!

15.) When do you plan to finish all your shopping?

Either this weekend or early next week.

Any blogger is welcome to participate in this meme, even if you haven’t been tagged yet. Just simply copy and paste the questions into your blog, and then answer them. Then tag 5 or more of your favorite blogs, and leave them a comment telling them they’ve been tagged.

When you post your blog, please spread some Christmas cheer, and leave a link back to Heather's Top Ten Christmas Blog, and the blog that you were tagged by (I wasn't tagged, but I found this at In This Season.)


Any bloggers who read this are tagged to do this survey if they'd like!