Saturday, September 19, 2009

Weekly Grocery Trip

This week's shopping was done at Bi-Lo, Harris Teeter, Target and a small produce stand.

I didn't get a picture of my Bi-Lo trip. Here's what I got:
--2 Chi-Chi's tortillas B1G1 at $1.69
--1 bag of Great Northern beans-$1.35
--2 boxes Surf detergent B1G1 at $5.48. Used 2 $.75/1 Q's that doubled and made the final price- $1.24 each.
--1 package pork chops on sale for $1.69 pound: $4.68
--2 Carolina Pride smoked sausage B1 G1 at $3.49. Used $1.50/1 Q to make them $.99 each.
--Bag of bananas- $1.49

Bi-Lo total: $14.05

Harris Teeter's Triple Coupon sale started Wednesday. I got everything pictured for $2.96! You can read more details here.



I know I said in last week's grocery post that I was going to take a break from Target. But they had a great deal on Kashi cereal that used only manufacturer's coupons and no store coupons, so I decided to make a quick trip. I used a FREE coupon and 3 $1.50/1 Honey Sunshine coupons from the Vocalpoint mailer and another $2/1 Kashi coupon that I received with a sample.

Total was $5.11.
Paid with $5 gift card.
Total OOP cost: $.11, plus I earned another $5 gift card to use next time!

Between this week and last week's deals and some other great cereal deals in the past couple of months, we are very well-stocked on cereal! Cereal is also a good thing to donate to food pantries since it can be eaten dry or with milk and does not need to be heated.

Breakdown:
Bi-Lo: $14.05
Harris Teeter: $2.96
Target: $.11
Produce Stand for a butternut squash and 5 sweet potatoes: $2.50

Total spent this week: $19.62



I came in $5.38 under budget which I will either use next week or put aside for future bulk purchases.

**This post is part of Money Saving Mom's Super Savings Saturday and Southern Saver's Friday Finals!

No comments: