Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Yard Sale Deals

I haven't shared any of my yard sale finds in a while. But I found a couple of cool things this weekend that are worth sharing!


My husband found this in a FREE box:


It's a vintage 1950's Pyrex bowl complete with lid! I love the red. I love old bowls. The lid shows a bit of wear but still, I can't believe it was free!

I love the looks of Vera Bradley products but not the price so much. So I keep my eye out for these things at yard sales. I've found that if they're in really good condition, they're priced pretty high. If they're cheap, they're pretty worn. But occasionally, I'll find a Vera in the $1 purse box. In the past year or two, I've purchased an almost brand new Vera purse that I sold on ebay and a slightly worn Vera tote bag that I use and love! Both were $1.

This past Saturday, I found this for $1:

A Vera Bradley "Ditty Bag". It is just so pretty! I know I'll enjoy using it. Wouldn't this be a charming way to carry my lunch?

What kind of cool yard sale treasures have you found recently?

6 comments:

DarcyLee said...

Hi, Mary Ann,

I haven't been to many yard sales this year but I have been to the thrift store. I almost always pick up a pyrex dish if I find one for a decent price because they aren't so easy to get used. I love the red color of yours. And the bag is very cute.

Mary Ann said...

Darcy Lee-
I keep my eye out for Pyrex too. Especially the older stuff or something I know I will use.

Thrifting is so much fun!

Thanks for stopping by!

--Mary Ann

gail said...

i love the red too! and free-wow!!! good hunting

Mary Ann said...

Gail-
I know! I felt like I was stealing!:-)

--Mary Ann

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Great find in the pyrex! I love the red. I found a little one at Goodwill last year.

Manuela

Ramble with Carole said...

I love the red pyrex dish!!! Hard to believe that it was for FREE!!