Thursday, July 16, 2009

Switching To Google Reader

I'm in the process of switching all my blog subscriptions from Bloglines to Google Reader.

I've been using Bloglines for over a year. I love the idea of going to one place to read all the updates instead of hopping from one blog to another to find updates.

I've been very happy with Bloglines except for the fact that they have continually dropped feeds. Suddenly, I no longer receive updates to certain blogs. What is the point of using a reader if you are back to clicking around looking for updates?

Bloglines also gets confused regularly and suddenly I have several thousand new posts which are really old ones that are showing up as new. This is annoying.

So I've switched to Google Reader since I've heard good reviews about it. I'm planning to try it out for a while and see what I think.

What about you? If you use Google Reader, do you like and not like about it? What other blog readers do you use?

4 comments:

Tiny said...

I love GReader! I like how you can put a widget on you blog to share your favorite blog posts from you blog list and you can add your own notes too.

Mary Ann said...

Thanks, Theresa!

Monica Wilkinson said...

Carrie likes Google reader - I'm still in the past with Bloglines. Don't have the motivation or drive to switch it all over right now! :) However, I have had some of the same problems you mentioned in your post. Let us know how you like it!

Mary Ann said...

Monica-
For some reason, I was thinking that you used Google, too. Maybe I was just thinking of Carrie! It's going to take a lot of time to switch my whole reading list over. I did about 10 last night and called it quits! I'll let you know what I think once I get it rolling.:-)