Monday, April 13, 2009

This Week's CVS Trip

Since I accidentally let some ECB's expire at the end of March, then made a big boo-boo last week in my transactions so that I didn't get any ECB's back, I was pretty well starting from scratch this week!

I had a $3.49 ECB plus a $5/$30 purchase CVS coupon to use so I looked through the ad to see what I could get to generate a few more ECB's while still utilizing coupons to keep my total out-of-pocket expenses fairly low.

There weren't too many outstanding deals but a few FREE after ECB items, so I decided to use those. My goal was to get my total as close to $30 as possible so I could use the $5 coupon. Had there only been one small thing generating ECB's I probably wouldn't have bothered with the coupon. But I knew I could work in some needed items that I would soon be buying anyways, so I planned to get $30 worth of stuff.

I used this list for specific coupon and sale match-ups.

Transaction #1:

2 Pantene shampoo/conditioner on sale 2/$7
1 Softsoap body wash on sale for $4.49
1 Colgate sensitive toothpaste on sale for $3.99
2 Raisin Bran cereal on sale 2/$4
1 Scott 12 pack toilet paper on sale for $6.99
2 Wrigley's slim pack gum at $1.19 each
2 Cadbury eggs at 2/$1.50

Coupons I used:
2- $1/1 Raisin Bran
2- FREE gum
1- $3/2 Pantene
1- $1/1 Colgate toothpaste
1- $5/$30 CVS coupon
1- $3.49 ECB from previous purchase

After coupons and ECB's, my total was $15.07.

I got back $10.48 in ECB's to use for my next purchase. So I essentially got all of that for $4.59. Not bad for toilet paper!

I needed a new toothbrush so I used the $3.99 Colgate ECB from my first transaction and got the Colgate toothbrush that was also FREE after ECB's.

Transaction #2:
1 Colgate 360 toothbrush on sale for $3.99

Paid with $3.99 ECB

FREE plus got another $3.99 ECB back!

I was pretty happy with what I got and that I'm back in the game with ECB's to use next time!

No comments: