Monday, April 06, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday

On my bedside table:
--new issue of Southern Living magazine

On my TV:
--nothing!


On the menu for tonight:
I'm taking a big salad to a church meeting.

On my To Do List:
--laundry
--clean kitchen
--clip and sort all the coupons from yesterday's paper!


New Recipe I tried last week:
--Mexican Chicken Skillet. A Keeper!
In the craft basket:
--I have some different sewing projects I want to get moving on. I need to make time for sewing!

Looking forward to:
--Easter Sunday
--Time to spring clean and sew later this week, possibly!


Homemaking Tip for this week:
--When buying in bulk, separate it into smaller meal portions for easy storage and meal prep! Since I did my big shopping trip last weekend, my refrigerator was way too full. Even though having so much food in the house is a blessing that not every one gets to experience, I still did not want to be hit with a gallon of milk every time I opened the door! Sam's Club did not have my usual 5 pound block of mozzarella cheese, so I bought a 5 pound bag of pre-shredded cheese instead. It was so easy to just measure out 2-cup portions into baggies and freeze for later use. I bought 2 big packages of chicken breasts and immediately put each breast(huge pieces) into a Ziploc bag for freezing. For most recipes one chicken breast is enough for the two of us. They're ready to just pull out whenever I need them.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
--Nothing sticks out at the moment!
Favorite photo from last week:
--No picture worth posting.:-)
Lesson learned the past few days:
--Since the women's retreat, my heart has been more open to God than I can ever remember. It is so wonderful to hear Him speak to me and teach me through daily experiences. I hope I never go back to where I was before!

On my Prayer List:
--my husband
--our nation and president, especially concerning the abortion policies
--that God would bring someone into my life to lead to Him

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Colossians 3:1-2: "Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things."

Thanks to Sandra for hosting Happy Homemaker Monday!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I really enjoyed reading your post :)

Kari said...

I like those "Southern Living Magazines".
Enjoyed reading your list and thanks for sharing your verse. - a good reminder for where our minds and heart should be.

Have a great week!!

Lara said...

I enjoye reading your list.
Have a great week!