Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Weigh-In Wednesday

I missed last week's weigh-in due to computer issues. I'm glad to be back and catching up this week!

Food:
I've kinda fallen off the bandwagon with low-carb and am not thinking about what I'm eating as much. After trying really hard with no breads,etc., I was disappointed that I still hadn't lost any weight. It all went downhill from there!

Water:
I'm doing well with drinking 3 quarts a day most days. I try to get the first two quarts in by noon and then getting the last quart is easy to do the rest of the day.

Exercise:
I'm still plugging along with running. I won't say that it's really gotten that much easier but I've finally reached a place where it is doable. My breathing has improved a lot. I haven't had to use my inhaler hardly at all in the past two weeks. Even though I'm still moving really slow, my feet aren't dragging the ground nearly as much as they were at first! My speed has increased a little, too, which is good. I always feel so great after running.

Challenges:
Portion control and getting enough veggies each day.

Staying on track through the weekends and while eating with friends.

Successes:
I'm still holding to my almost no-snacking rule. I have been having a small snack in the afternoon since I get really hungry: usually some celery and peanut butter or some fruit and a little protein of some kind.

Plans for next week:
Getting back to being mindful of what I'm eating at meals. Plan for more veggies again as well as seriously limiting the carbs once again.Resist the chocolate!

Weigh-in:
No weight loss yet, but no gain either. Hopefully, the consistent exercise will pay off in the long-term. I feel great!

**This post is part of Happy To be At Home's Weigh-in Wednesday.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I am so impressed with your almost no snacking. That is definitely my biggest struggle.

Great job! I can't wait to read how this week goes for you.