Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Our Thanksgiving Menu

I'm hosting Thanksgiving dinner this year. It will be only a small group of five around our table this year with my sister, her husband and their son joining us. So far, I haven't discovered anyone else who doesn't have a place to go for the holiday, but if I do-they will be welcome!

Anyways, Kathryn and I planned our menu together. We love side dishes for Thanksgiving so we planned for a bunch of those-each in small amounts. We also like to try new recipes so we planned for some of those as well! We like Thanksgiving leftovers so there should be plenty for all of us to eat on for a couple of days!

Our Thanksgiving Menu
**means Kathryn is bringing that dish. Otherwise, yours truly!

Meat-
Baked ham

Sides-
Mashed potatoes
Twice-baked sweet potatoes**(new recipe from Country Home magazine)
Green bean casserole
Stuffing(I doctor up Stove-top mixes.)
Orange-ginger carrots
Fruit salad**
Pineapple-lime cranberry sauce**(another new recipe from Country Home magazine)
Gravy

Bread-
dinner rolls

Dessert**
Kathryn's choice. She makes really awesome desserts. Last I heard, we were having pumpkin pie and homemade cream puffs!

Appetizers(which we will be eating in the evening for dinner along with ham sandwiches)-
bacon-wrapped smokies(not sure if this is the exact recipe but looks pretty close)
cheeseball**
crackers**
fruit and veggie plate

Wish the rest of our family could be here!

How is your Thanksgiving dinner coming along? What are your favorites?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...your meal sounds yummy! My mother always cooks the big turkey dinner and I usually bring one side (I know, I'm spoiled). This year I'm bringing squash casserole.

I've enjoyed your blog for awhile but haven't been able to leave a comment until now. I've started a blog and hope you will stop by for a visit! Wishing you and your family a happy Thanksgiving.

Michelle said...

YUM! Sounds like you are going to have a delicious little feast. :-) Happy Thanksgiving a little early. I hope you and your family have a great one!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Sounds like two delicious meals, Mary Ann. :) Have a nice Thanksgiving with your family.

(I deleted the former comment as I had a typo.)

DarcyLee said...

Sounds wonderful! I love Thanksgiving dinner. I wanted to let you know that I've made some pretty good money on Half.com thanks to your suggestion. Also, if you're interested in playing, I tagged you on my blog.

Kathryn said...

Do you want a cheeseball or spinach-bacon dip to eat with the crackers? I have both in the freezer.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

What no turkey! Sounds like a great menu I like lots of sides to choose from. We're having just immediate family this year so I don't have to cook a whole lot of stuff. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Manuela

Bethany Moran said...

I bought 2 turkeys for $9 on a store promo. It was just the 2 of us but I fixed a big dinner. Tomorrow, turkey and rice soup with cornbread.

Hope everyone had a beautiful Thanksgiving!