Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Making My Home A Haven: Fun


I didn't get around to posting the last two days of the Making My Home A Haven week, so I'm doing it now.

Thursday's theme was fun.

I started out the day with making pumpkin smoothies and bagels for breakfast. I had a little canned pumpkin to use up so decided to try a new kind of smoothie! I added the pumpkin to a banana, plain yogurt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg, vanilla and honey. It was really good! I think I would add more honey next time.

After breakfast, I headed out for a walk with Rock. For a while, this was a regular part of my early mornings, but lately I'm having trouble getting it in. I love a nice brisk walk!

It was rainy so the boys and I stayed inside and finger painted, as well as our regular reading books and playing! I really felt very unmotivated to get things done around the house, though. I did a few routine tasks, but nothing major! I worked for a few minutes on the closet but got side-tracked.

During nap time, I baked a batch of cinnamon rolls to send with my husband to work the next day as part of my Inviting & Giving Day on Friday. My husband goes to work so early that I had to plan ahead and bake the rolls the day before so they'd be ready. My inspiration for the cinnamon rolls was that I had a big bowl of leftover frosting in the fridge to use!

In the evening, we were needing to run errands and do some shopping. I really did not feel like cooking, so we went out for dinner using a coupon. I guess eating out was our fun for the day!

Then we did our shopping. I finished shopping for our shoe boxes. This year, our Sunday Home Fellowship went together to pack the shoe boxes, so we all contributed the various items. We ended up packing 8 shoe boxes.

Andy needed a few extra things for his new business venture, so we got those and came on home.

Not a horribly productive day, but a good day nonetheless!

1 comment:

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Sounds like a good day to me! I've found that pumpkin puree is good in so many things I'd never think of using it in! I'll have to try it in my smoothie.

Manuela