Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Works For Me Wednesday-The Backwards Edition!


Today is a Backwards Edition of Works For Me Wednesday. This means instead of me telling you all about my latest bright idea; you get to give me advice and answers to one of my questions. I know you're excited about that!

I'm planning to purchase a grain mill before long. I have my eye on the Nutri-mill about which I've read some good reviews. I don't have my heart set on this one however, and I'm continuing to compare between brands and types of electric mills.

If you have or have had a grain mill or know someone who does, tell me about it.

What kind of grain mill do you have? Would you recommend it to a grain mill newbie?:-) What features do you like/dislike? Please tell!

Thanks!

4 comments:

Linda said...

I have a Whisper Mill which is now called the WonderMill. I have a post on my blog about using it to mill gluten-free flour (look under gluten-free tips).

I like this mill because it's so easy to use, does a good job and isn't so loud that I feel I have to leave the room. I haven't had experience with any others so I can't compare.

Ben and Kristen said...

I bought a mill last week and had the same dilemma. I have seen both types of mills used, and I decided to go with the Wonder Mill. I love it! It takes up less space than the Nutrimill and works faster. It also lets you adjust the consistency of the wheat, and it's a little bit cheaper. They are both loud, if one is louder than the other it would be hard to tell. Let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck!

Angela said...

We've owned the Nutrimill for about two years now. I'm very pleased with it. It is simple to use and there is a lot of adjustability to how fine or coarse the grind is. The capacity is good. I wish it were silent, but the noise could be worse.

Unfortunately, I don't have experience with other mills so I can't compare and contrast for you. But I will say that ours is a good machine and I would buy it again.

Lines From The Vine said...

I ran a poll on my site not too long ago...NutriMill came out way ahead. I haven't purchased on just yet. Please let me know how you like yours and which one you decide on.