Thursday, July 10, 2008

I'm Thankful That...

It's been one of those weeks. I didn't think I had anything to be thankful for but God has showed me a 'few things'.:-)

Here goes....

I'm thankful that...

~my cold is gone. Oh, it is wonderful to be able to smell again. You know it's bad when you think somethings wrong with the Beggin' Strips because you can't smell them!

~the jungle, aka yard, got a good trimming over the weekend. Looks great!

~it has rained off and on for the past week. We need the rain!

~I've been able to get some major decluttering done the past several days and a load of "treasures" will be on its way to Goodwill soon!

~we have yummy fresh garden produce to eat this week.

~I have way more to be thankful for than would fit on this blog!

" Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you..." I Thessalonians 5:18


I thank God for this day,
For the sun in the sky,
For my mom and my dad,
For my piece of apple pie!

For our home on the ground,
For His love that's all around,
That's why I say thanks every day!

Because a thankful heart is a happy heart!
I'm glad for what I have,
Thats an easy way to start!

For the love that He shares,
'Cause He listens to my prayers,
That's why I say thanks every day!


-A Veggie tales song from Madam Blueberry

2 comments:

Serenity Now said...

frequent reader - rare commenter...but oh my gosh...I sing this song to my baby boy all the time! Gotta love madame blueberry eh? Although for some reason, my 2nd verse goes "for my home, all my friends - for his love that never ends". I haven't seen MB in so long (it was years ago with my neice)...have I been singing it wrong all this time? hehehe

Mary Ann said...

K,
Thanks for commenting. I think there are several different verses of the song throughout the movie that are not listed here. I haven't watched this in a long time myself. These are words I found on a lyrics site online. :-)