Monday, April 14, 2008

Making Your Home A Haven: Anti-Procrastination

When I read Crystal's post declaring that today was Anti-Procrastination Day, I knew exactly what to do.

Plant my azaleas.

We bought 3 azalea plants for our front flowerbed about a month ago. And I still hadn't planted them! Sure, it has rained every weekend since then, but the real reason I kept putting it off was that I really dislike getting that flowerbed ready to plant in each spring. It seems like it is always so hard to hoe and weed.

Isn't it amazing that the things we keep putting off really turn out to rather quick and easy jobs after all?

This took me all of about 20 minutes. The ground was easy to hoe up and dig in, thanks to all the rain we've been getting, I'm sure! Those plants were popped into the ground and I was back inside in no time at all!

To read more inspiring Anti-Procrastination posts, please visit Biblical Womanhood!

2 comments:

*carrie* said...

Mary Ann,

I've been feeling that way a lot as I work my way through my list of organization projects. Amazing that some jobs take just 10 minutes after months of putting them off!

Amy said...

What a great feeling it must be to get that done. I have a TON of procrastination issues so I can sympathize. When I get it done though I feel soooo much better.