Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Menu Plan Monday -on Tuesday!

I had my menu made up but was a little under the weather yesterday so I didn't get it posted until now.

Here's my dinner menu for the week:

Monday-lentil soup, apple-jack quesadillas

Tuesday- spaghetti pie, salad

Wednesday-creamed eggs over homemade biscuits

Thursday-homemade pizza, salad

Friday- pork chops, savory apple roast

Saturday-waffles, sausage links

Sunday-soft pretzels with cheese sauce (I'm trying this recipe I saw on Rachael Ray's show.)

All dinners include salad or veggie even if it's not mentioned!

Breakfasts for the week will be: cold cereal, bananas and apples, eggs and toast, yogurt, cream of wheat and apple-walnut muffins.

Lunches are primarily leftovers. If needed, I have some individual servings of frozen homemade soups, stuff for either peanut butter or egg salad sandwiches and extra salad fixings.

2 comments:

Wendi said...

I have been wondering... what are creamed eggs? I had never heard of them until they started showing up on your menu. Thanks!

Mary Ann said...

Wendi-
Creamed eggs are a white sauce with either sliced or shredded hard-boiled eggs added. You serve them over toast, biscuits or even waffles. My mom made them lots when we were growing up probably because they are a very cheap meal, but they are one of my family's very favorites.We always loved them! My husband had never heard of them until we were married and now they are one of his favorites too. You can add cheese, ham or frozen peas if desired when serving for a meal other than breakfast. Hope this helps!

Thanks for asking! I can post my recipe if you'd like.